- No products in the cart.
These delicious cookies my mum lovingly made me, certainly helped me get through the first few weeks of breastfeeding. She must have baked 200 of these bad boys in the first month.
No one mentions the night sweats, thirst and midnight (all night) munchies that comes with breastfeeding. I used to devour about 10 of these beauties in one sitting. Crumbs all over my poor bab at 4am but it’s probably why he’s the chunk he is today.
So if you are after some scrumptious cookies that are actually good for you and your mummy milk then get baking ladies x
- 4 tbsp Brewers yeast
- 2 tbsp ground flax seeds in 4tbsp water
- 1 tbsp wheatgerm
- 200g caster sugar
- 110gsoft dark brown sugar
- 225g soft butter or coconut oil (or mixture of both)
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 250g wholemeal or self-raising flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 200g large porridge oats
- 200g dark chocolate chips
- Pre heat oven to 180’c/gas mark 4. Line or grease 2 baking trays
- Combine flax seeds with water and soak for 5 mins.
- Beat butter and sugar in large mixing bowl until creamy. Add egg yolks and vanilla extract. Stir in soaked flax seed mixture.
- In another bowl mix flour, brewers yeast, wheatgerm and salt-add to mixture. Fold in oats and chocolate chips.
- Spoon out mix onto baking trays and flatten into circles with fingers, about 5cm apart (approx 12 per tray)
- Bake in pre-heated oven (centre shelves) for around 15mins. Allow to cool on baking tray before removing wire racks to cool completely.
- Store in airtight tin once cold.